Welcome to my simulacrum, Postmod. I am Michelle Chaplin, and I attempt to explore the postmodern world, which includes, but is not limited to, fine art, artists, literature, authors, philosophy, theory, film, and music.
Postmod has five basic categories of posts:
- Postmod Artists, in which an influential (or not) artist of the postmodern era is featured.
- Postmod Music, in which musicians from any era who contribute to or are influenced by postmodernism are featured.
- Postmod Authors, in which authors who are widely considered postmodern will be discussed and whose texts are dismantled and criticized (in the best possible way).
- Postmod Film, in which films are analyzed through a postmodern lens.
- Postmod Theory, the feature I enjoy most, the one in which I try to decode what the postmodern theorists are actually saying (no small task).
Some intermingling between categories will occur, and some random posts may be added at my discretion to contribute to the overall theme or tone of the site.
Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy exploring the intricate web that is Postmodernity as much as I do.